Saturday, January 11, 2020

Generations of Family Art - Part 3


Fabric Waxing 1969 Mary Cooper

My brother & I attempted our adventures with drawing in our teen years with school art classes.

I found some pictures & my brother sent me a few of his drawings he had in his possession. 

Gib modelling art on his clothing 1964
Ink drawing by Gib Cooper

Ink drawing by Gib Cooper

Ink drawing by Gib Cooper

Ink drawing by Gib Cooper 1969

Pencil drawing by Gib Cooper

My mother wrote in her calendar pages, that I took some advanced recommended art classes during the summer of 1967. I was so surprised by this oil painting I had forgotten about.

Winter Fun Oil Painting Mary Cooper Summer 1967
at a local art show Spring 1968
This painting was even seen in the local newspaper with my mother's comments on the clip out. I found the clipping first & found the painting later after digging in some labelled boxes.







I continued with art classes in Junior High in California.

Chalk drawing Mary Cooper 1969

Pencil drawing Mary Cooper 1969


Oil painting Mary Cooper 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment