Friday, December 16, 2016

Tourist in Australia - Day 16

Flight to Canberra

Friday, 4 November 2016

Eileen and I were up early and had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I was excited to see our same waitress from the last 2 days. I was excited to share with her my photo of her Holland Queen Maxima. See previous post. I enjoyed enjoyed my porridge.

We checked out and arranged for a taxi to take us to the Sydney airport for our flight to Canberra. I saw my first sign of Christmas at the airport. 









Flying south over Peakhurst Heights

We were on a commuter smaller plane to the capital of Australia. I had a window seat! 


Flying over Lake Illawarra.
The day before, when we asked about Hiltons in Canberra, there were none available. I looked online on my phone and found a great deal and arranged for a room close to airport, yet, not too far from where my cousin, Tracy, was located in the city. I had also previously connected with her to make arrangements of seeing her for the weekend. I was so looking forward to getting to meet her family face to face, also, as they were unable to make it to the family reunion. 

We landed around 1:30 and arrived at our hotel. We both crashed with exhaustion after 2 days of extreme walking, as least it was for me! We later had dinner in hotel and walked around a few blocks. I later wrote in my journal trying to remember what transpired during the last two days. Glad to refer to my camera, phone and my aunt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment